Independent Mclaren Warranty
Our years of experience on working on Mclarens has allowed us to learn a great deal about these cars, owning our own 12c and 570s as well as working on numerous customer cars for anything from servicing to gearbox replacements we are confident that there are few other operations as keenly aware of all the details on these cars and as a result we are able to offer our own comprehensive warranty.
First off there is no multiple page warranty document, we aren’t looking to exclude or wriggle out of potential claims via paragraphs of legal jargon design to avoid covering repairs, what we have a simple contract where Thorney Motorsport agree to look after you vehicle and any problem it has for a period of 12 months. There are no exclusions or ‘common failure clauses’ to catch you out, we expect the car to be reasonably looked after and we wont cover items that are affected by wear and tear but thats it.
All vehicles must have a full inspection prior to commencement of cover. The cost of this inspection is included.
- Maximum limit per claim of £10,000
- Unlimited mileage
- 12 month duration of cover
- £100 excess
What is not covered
- Reasonable wear and tear, this includes wearable items such as clutch, brake pads and disks, tyres, carpets and trim, stonechips etc
- Abuse, this includes ignoring issues such as leaks, not warming the car up and down prior to use, unreasonable track use (track driving is NOT excluded subject to reasonable use and no abuse)
- Squeaks and rattles due to trim
- Non Thorney Motorsport vehicle modifications where the modification is the cause of the issue. All Thorney Motorsport modifications are covered.
- Paintwork – this is still covered by Mclarens 10 year anti perforation warranty